Global demand for cosmetics and wellness products is increasing, leading to strong growth in the production of aromatic plants on a global scale.
The maintenance and competitiveness of the European aromatic plant production and processing sector requires strengthening of quality approaches, and in particular towards organic and natural labels which meet the growing demands of consumers, contribute to the preservation of the environment and are more profitable for producers.
The ΕcoOils Project , co-financed by the Erasmus + programme, supports the training of European professionals in the cultivation and transformation of aromatic plants towards quality organic production.
The target groups are:
- Cultivators of AP (especially lavender & lavandin, rose, sage etc) interested in conversion to organic production
- Distilleries & essential oils producers
- Trainers & coaches of agricultural producers in AP&EO sector
- New entrepreneurs entering AP/OE production
The training itself will be focused on:
- building the competences of the target group through an online, blended and distance learning program that is tailored-made & designed specifically to meet their needs.
- building and expanding the pedagogical skills of the trainers in the agricultural sector, enabling them to deliver high quality inclusive digital education.
EcoOils is based on the complementary skills and experience of 6 European partners in 5 countries (France, Spain, Greece, Bulgaria ) & 4 experienced European operators:
CDE Petra Patrimonia – France
UNIVERSIDAD DE SALAMANCA – Spain
Molise verso il 2000 scrl – Italy
AVA Creations Foundation – Bulgaria