The Erasmus + project “AMHE-European Wetlands Ambassadors” is part of a social action to address long-term unemployment funded by the European Social Fund.
AMHE project aims to develop and improve participants skills but also their professional recognition and reintegration in the maintenance/care of rivers and wetlands.
The project undertakes two european challenges:
- To provide better quality training and sustainable career prospects to people who are out of the labor market and will join it through economic activities
- To meet the needs of the protection and development of European natural wetlands and rivers, a goal supported by the implementation of the European Water Framework Directive, which imposes on European communities and countries-members , conservation, anti-pollution, surveillance tasks, natural hazards and general information to public.
- Establishing a new profession, the “Wetlands Ambassador”
- Develop and test of training content
- Skills assessment / certification process
- Resource center and e-learning tools
MCE provides technical support to the Municipality of Alimos the Greek partner of this project together with:
- Communauté de communes du Sud-Corse –France
- Irecoop Toscana – Ιtaly
- Instituto para el Fomento del Desarrollo y la Formacion – Spain
- Etudes Et Chantiers Corsica – France
- Ecological Association Krka Knin – Croatia