European port cities, rich in tangible and intangible heritage, are rarely considered as tourist destinations and are often neglected by travel agents, tourism professionals and visitors themselves.
The project Harbor Heritage Story Telling aims at:
- Identifying and enhancing the hidden heritage of harbor, with and for the local residents and professionals
- Creating local networks of professional and volunteers who contribute to the port activity and will become ambassadors of Harbor Heritage
- Strengthening their social and heritage skills to develop and manage multi-thematic discovery paths, offering these cities a more attractive character
The HHST project proposes to respond to issues raised by developing:
- A participatory method for the appropriation and tourism development of the still “hidden” heritage,
- An online training tool to strengthen heritage knowledge, capacity to develop and guide new discovery paths, and other competences applied to port heritage,
- The creation of four pilot cultural tourism paths aimed at discovering port heritage in the partner cities.
“Heritage Harbor Story Telling -HHST” project mobilizes 6 European partners – tourism organizations, cultural associations, educational organizations – in 4 European cities: Bastia (Corsica-FR), Piraeus (Attic-GR), Split (Dalmatia-HR) and Catania (Sicilia-IT).
The work of all partners will be integrated into a common digital tool that can be disseminated beyond the project, in all European harbor cities.
Find our Newsletters here
Τοgether with MCE in this project…