The Enerterre Solidarity Workshops facilitate the renovation of habitats – particularly vernacular habitat – of people in precarious situations, by organizing participatory projects. With the support of craftsmen and trainers, volunteers are trained in eco-construction and eco-renovation, using natural material and local technics.
The HELPS project aims to adapt and transfer the experience of the Chantiers Enerterre in Greece, Italy and Spain.
- The Enerterre Solidarity Workshops reinforce cohesion, reducing isolation of people in precariousness and improving their living environment.
- They offer a non-formal training method.
- They improve the habitat through the commitment of the inhabitants themselves and local self-help.
- They contribute to sustainable local development by promoting eco-construction.
Types of work undertaken by the Chantiers solidaire Enerterre
Repair work and realization of blasters; Light masonry restoration work; Wall insulation works; Preparation work before a biggest intervention
HELPS is planning a series of training workshops to transfer this method of Chantier Solidaire.
In Greece, the MCE has developed 2 pilot workshops to test the transferability of the system.Learn more about the 2 pilot worksites in Greece!
HELPS will put at your disposal the tools tested and validated during the project:
• a Charter and a Strategic document to convince and develop the Chantiers solitaires Enerterre
• a Guide for the development of a Chantiers solitaires Enerterre
HELPS brings together 6 local organizations from France, Spain, Italy and Greece. The association Les7Vents is leader of this project.